[ALU-announce] Announcement 3rd European Lisp Symposium

Ernst van Waning evw at infometrics.nl
Mon Dec 14 14:32:38 GMT 2009

                     3rd European Lisp Symposium

                     ===========================

               <http://www.european-lisp-symposium.org>

May 6-7, 2010, Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisbon, Portugal

Important Dates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  + Submission Deadline: *January 29, 2010*

  + Author Notification: March 1, 2010

  + Final Paper Due: March 26, 2010

  + Symposium: *May 6-7, 2010*

  We hope, as in previous years, to invite authors of accepted

  research contributions to submit an extended version of their papers

  to a special issue of the Journal of Universal Computer Science

  (J.UCS).

Scope

~~~~~~

  The purpose of the European Lisp Symposium is to provide a forum

  for the discussion and dissemination of all aspects of design,

  implementation and application of any of the Lisp dialects.  We

  encourage everyone interested in Lisp to participate.

  The European Lisp Symposium 2010 invites high quality papers about

  novel research results, insights and lessons learned from practical

  applications, and educational perspectives, all involving Lisp

  dialects, including Common Lisp, Scheme, Emacs Lisp, AutoLisp,

  ISLISP, Dylan, Clojure, and so on.

  Topics include, but are not limited to:

  + Language design and implementation

  + Language integration, interoperation and deployment

  + Development methodologies, support and environments

  + Reflection, protocols and meta-level architectures

  + Lisp in Education

  + Parallel, distributed and scientific computing

  + Large and ultra-large-scale systems

  + Hardware, virtual machine and embedded applications

  + Domain-oriented programming

  + Lisp pearls

  + Experience reports and case studies

  We invite submissions (through EasyChair) in two categories:

  original contributions and tutorials.

  * Original contributions should neither have been published

    previously nor be under review in any other refereed events or

    publication.  Research papers should describe work that advances

    the current state of the art, or presents old results from a new

    perspective.  Experience papers should be of broad interest and

    should describe insights gained from substantive practical

    applications.  The programme committee will evaluate each

    contributed paper based on its relevance, significance, clarity,

    and originality.

  * Tutorial submissions should be extended abstracts of up to four

    pages for in-depth presentations about topics of special interest

    for at least 90 minutes and up to 180 minutes.  The programme

    committee will evaluate tutorial proposals based on the likely

    interest in the topic matter, the clarity of the presentation in

    the extended abstract, and the scope for interactive

    participation.

  The tutorials will run during the symposium on May 6, 2010.

Programme Chair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Christophe Rhodes, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK

Local Chair

~~~~~~~~~~~~

  António Leitão, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal

Programme Committee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  + Marco Antoniotti, Università Milano Bicocca, Italy

  + Giuseppe Attardi, Università di Pisa, Italy

  + Pascal Costanza, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium

  + Irène Anne Durand, Université Bordeaux I, France

  + Marc Feeley, Université de Montréal, Canada

  + Ron Garret, Amalgamated Widgets Unlimited, USA

  + Gregor Kiczales, University of British Columbia, Canada

  + Nick Levine, Ravenbrook Ltd, UK

  + Scott McKay, ITA Software, Inc., USA

  + Peter Norvig, Google Inc., USA

  + Kent Pitman, PTC, USA

  + Christian Queinnec, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France

  + Robert Strandh, Université Bordeaux I, France

  + Didier Verna, EPITA Research and Development Laboratory, France

  + Barry Wilkes, Citi, UK

  + Taiichi Yuasa, Kyoto University, Japan