[ALU-announce] ELS 2014 Registration now open / 2nd Call for papers
didier at lrde.epita.fr
Tue Feb 11 02:57:16 PST 2014
ELS'14 - 7th European Lisp Symposium
IRCAM, Paris, France
May 5-6, 2014
* Registration is now open. Early registration fee until April 13.
* Submission deadline is approaching. Still one month to submit a paper!
* Thanks to our new sponsors, Lispworks and Franz Inc.!
The purpose of the European Lisp Symposium is to provide a forum for
the discussion and dissemination of all aspects of design,
implementation and application of any of the Lisp and Lisp-inspired
dialects, including Common Lisp, Scheme, Emacs Lisp, AutoLisp, ISLISP,
Dylan, Clojure, ACL2, ECMAScript, Racket, SKILL, Hop and so on. We
encourage everyone interested in Lisp to participate.
The 7th European Lisp Symposium invites high quality papers about
novel research results, insights and lessons learned from practical
applications, and educational perspectives. We also encourage
submissions about known ideas as long as they are presented in a new
setting and/or in a highly elegant way.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Context-, aspect-, domain-oriented and generative programming
- Macro-, reflective-, meta- and/or rule-based development approaches
- Language design and implementation
- Language integration, inter-operation and deployment
- Development methodologies, support and environments
- Educational approaches and perspectives
- Experience reports and case studies
Please note that IRCAM, the conference venue, is a French institute
for research on music and acoustics. Submissions relating Lisp to
music or other acoustical matters will hence be particularly welcome,
although given no heightened favor during the review process.
We invite submissions in the following forms:
Papers: Technical papers of up to 8 pages that describe original
results or explain known ideas in new and elegant ways.
Demonstrations: Abstracts of up to 2 pages for demonstrations of
tools, libraries, and applications.
Tutorials: Abstracts of up to 4 pages for in-depth presentations about
topics of special interest for at least 90 minutes and up to 180
The symposium will also provide slots for lightning talks, to be
registered on-site every day.
All submissions should be formatted following the ACM SIGS guidelines
and include ACM classification categories and terms. For more
information on the submission guidelines and the ACM keywords, see:
- TODAY: Mark your calendar. Start planning now!
- 09 Mar 2014: Submission deadline
- 31 Mar 2014: Notification of acceptance
- 13 Apr 2014: Early registration deadline
- 21 Apr 2014: Final Papers due
- 05 May 2014: Symposium. Join us there!
Kent Pitman, Hypermeta Inc., U.S.A.
Didier Verna, EPITA Research Lab, France
Gérard Assayag, IRCAM, Paris, France
To be announced later
Daniela Becker, EPITA Research Lab, France
Sylvie Benoit, IRCAM, Paris, France
#els2014, ELS 2014, ELS '14, European Lisp Symposium 2014,
European Lisp Symposium '14, 7th ELS, 7th European Lisp Symposium,
European Lisp Conference 2014, European Lisp Conference '14
Ircam STMS Lab, IRCAM / CNRS / UPMC
Please help crowdfund my next Jazz quartet album !!
Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info
More information about the alu-announce