[ALU-discuss] ALU and the next ILC

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Nov 6 13:41:04 GMT 2009

Would it help to focus everyone's minds if we were to open a call for
proposals for ILC 2011, with a deadline?  I presume any proposal would
need a proposed venue (how specific and committed would this be), a
volunteer for program chair, and a volunteer for local arrangements
chair, yes?

At least one of the conferences I attend seems to have an arrangement
where the conferences are planned in >= 2 out, with the program chair
for conference n + 1 signed up as vice chair for conference n, as a way
of providing continuity.  Would that help here?  Or would it be too much
for a small community?

best,