[Uk-lispers] Oxford, Wednesday 26th

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Mar 24 09:34:02 PST 2003

Daniel Barlow <dan at telent.net> writes:

> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:
>
>> Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:
>>
>>> So it looks like I'll be in Oxford with some time to kill on Wednesday
>>> evening.  Now I know that Dan Barlow's there, but just possibly there
>>> might be some other people in the area... if there are such, could
>>> they make their presence known, and we'll arrange to meet up?
>>
>> Um, er, maybe.  I'm in Bristol but a bit of luck on the trains can get
>> me to Oxford in an hour or so.  What did you have in mind?
>
> Past London events mostly involved drinking beer wile talking about
> things tangentially related to computers.  Past Cambridge events, I
> believe, may have involved a little less beer and a little more Lisp
> in the conversation.  The nearest precedent for an Oxford event
> involved Christophe and Dan talking about SBCL internals over coffee
> in Blackwell's.

Well, the first two sound OK, but I don't think I could keep up with
the third...

I meant more in terms of times, really.  Spending 2 hours + on the
train for half an hour in the pub sounds like a bad deal.

Cheers,
M.

--
  All obscurity will buy you is time enough to contract venereal
  diseases.                                  -- Tim Peters, python-dev