[Uk-lispers] Oxford, Wednesday 26th

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Wed Mar 26 06:13:59 PST 2003

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> <prod>

/me is prodded

> It looks like I can reasonably arrive at about 6 or about 7.  Killing
> time in Oxford is not hard, so long as the bookshops are open...

Borders will be, at least.  Waterstones probably.  Blackwells I think
still closes at 6.

So we're meeting at Far From The Madding Crowd, which pub I have
carefully selected for being on a street (Friar's Entry) which neither
Streetmap or Multimap show particularly clearly.

If you're coming straight from the train station, locate Beaumont St
and Gloucester St using Multimap.  Friar's Entry is at the Gloucester
St end of the unlabelled road connecting them, opposite a rather
derelict-looking letting agent.  Walk up here and you should find
FFtMC about halfway up on the right.

If you end up in Borders, directions are easier.  Leave bookshop
through main exit, turn left.  Turn left again into alleyway
signposted "Friars Entry".  This is the other end of the alley, so Far