[Uk-lispers] Teemu Kalvas in UK

Teemu Kalvas tjtk2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri May 2 10:37:35 PDT 2003

Nick Levine <ndl at ravenbrook.com> writes:

> Hi.
>
>    Teemu Kalvas is making a visit to the UK, and will be in Cambridge
>    on the 5th May.  Despite the fact that this is a bank holiday, I
>    propose that we meet for a drink at the Free Press at 7:00 or so,
>    for convivial chat.
>
> Aha.
>
> Roger Corman <http://www.cormanlisp.com/> will also be in Cambridge
> next week, on Thursday and Friday (8th and 9th). I was intending to
> propose a "Cambridge lispers" meeting with Roger one of those evenings
> (or maybe the Wednesday - I don't know exactly when he'll be coming
> into town).
>
> Why don't we combine the two?
>
> Roger / Teemu: how flexible are your plans?

I'm afraid I'm flying back to Finland Thursday evening.  I need to be
at Bracknell during working hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
I've got a hotel reservation at Reading because it's impossible to get
to Bracknell in the middle of the night.

The last reasonable train connection for me would leave Cambridge at
22.31, but that's probably the same for Monday as well.  I don't know
if I can make it to Cambridge before 19.39 on Wednesday, which makes
it quite a short stay.  Maybe if I try to have a fast day I could make
it 19.09 or even 18.36.

Conclusion: I'd like it to be Monday, so I'm not spending over half
the evening on a train.  I _can_ do Wednesday, if no one's going to be
there on Monday.  I'm just arriving Monday morning with the purpose of
having some consecutive hours of free time on UK soil.

--
Teemu