[Uk-lispers] London pub-meet proposal (thursday June 12th or19th)

Donald Fisk hibou00000 at enterprise.net
Sat Jun 7 15:01:41 PDT 2003

Daniel Barlow wrote:

> Donald Fisk <hibou00000 at enterprise.net> writes:
>
> > Ingvar wrote:
> >
> >> Therefore, I think it's time for a new one. Tomorrow is a bit short notice,
> >> so I'd propose next week or the week after.
> >>
> >> Comments? Place suggestions? I guess we could go for Green Man again
> >> or try another place, whatever peopel are most happy with.
> >
> > 19th's better for me.   Green Man's fine.
>
> Any other takers?
>
> There are two things I'd like to do on the topic of uk-lispers:
>
> First: although the pub meets are a welcome opportunity to meet people
> of an evening and talk about fairly tangential topics, I think it'd
> also be interesting to have a little more technical content.
>
> Who would be interested in/willing to give, for example
>
>  (a) pre-prepared presentations (optionally involving slides or ohp or
>  similar) on Lisp-related topics
>
>  (b) less formal ten minute stand-up-and-tell-people-what-you're-doing
>  sessions

I would, though I'd err on the less formal.   Raymond de Lacaze
mailed me asking if I was submitting a paper on Emblem.   I
said I'd like to submit a paper on Full Metal Jacket.   Anyway,
I could either give a talk on FMJ (a new language implemented in
Emblem) or on how I implemented Emblem itself.

I think the Green Man's too noisy though.  I could probably do
with a whiteboard or flip charts too.

Let me know how long we've each got.

> - -dan

Donald
--
:ugah179 (home page: http://web.onetel.com/~hibou/)

"I'm outta here.  Python people are much nicer."
                -- Erik Naggum (out of context)