[Uk-lispers] Joining forces w/ Scheme UK

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 06:41:08 PST 2004

Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all,

Has no-one replied to this yet?  I'll bite, then. :-)

>   1) I'll CC uk-lispers with announcements about
> Scheme UK events
>   2) We invite any members of uk-lispers to give a
> talk at Scheme UK.
>   3) uk-lispers announcements get forwarded to Scheme
> UK (I can do this).
>
> Thoughts or comments?

I think this is a good idea -- you know, persecuted minorities banding
together and all that.  There's no real distinction between uk-lispers
announcements and general discussion that I know of, though you're
probably aware by now that there's little of either.

I suspect that there will be a market for at least a uk-lispers
meeting, possibly more, towards the end of this month or the start of
next month; some of us probably have talks we could recycle (not
presented to most other uk-lispers, but "in the wild" as it were) if
that were deemed suitable -- or we could just heckle for our first
month, if that's preferable :-)

In any case, broadening the scope of the exchange of ideas is probably
a good thing.

Cheers,

Christophe

PS: uk-lispers, please consider this a canvass for opinions on when we
should get together, too.