[Uk-lispers] Last Night's Talk & Speakers for January

Noel Welsh noelwelsh at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 05:55:29 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'd like to thank Richard Brooksby for his very interesting
talk about the Memory Pool System last night.
Unfortunately I had to leave early and so missed part of
the talk, but I've contacted Matthew Flatt who works on the
GC for PLT Scheme (see
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~mflatt/publications/index.html) to
see if any of the MPS technology can help them in their
current research.

As always, we are now looking for speakers for next month.
The normal date would be the 5th of January; I expect a lot
of people will still be on holiday then so remember if you
would like to speak the date is flexible.  Drop me a line
if you're willing to give a talk.  As Richard has shown it
doesn't have to be Scheme specific to draw an interested
and enthusiastic audience!

Cheers,
Noel

=====