[Uk-lispers] Re: Beer, London, and Lisp

Bill Clementson bill_clementson at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 08:29:32 PST 2005

Hi Noel,

> Bill Clementson wrote on comp.lang.scheme:
> > I write a mostly-lisp weblog ... and am coming to
> the
> > UK for a 3 week contract. If any UK Lispers want
> to get
> > together for a beer on the weekend of February 26
> or
> March
> > 5, I'd love to meet you and have a chat.
>
> The next meeting of Scheme UK is on the 2nd of
> March:

http://schematics.sourceforge.net/scheme-uk/next.html

Great timing! Is the speaker the "Genetic Programming"
John Koza? I've enjoyed reading his books and even
wrote a weblog entry describing my experiments with
his approach:
http://home.comcast.net/~bc19191/blog/040619.html

> Not a weekend, but a Wednesday.  If you can make it
> I can
> guarantee beer and good conversation (or maybe good
> beer
> and conversation, or maybe both).  As I'm not
> resident in
> London these days the weekends are a bit of a
> stretch for
> me.  I've CC'ed both Scheme UK and uk-lispers so you
> might
> get some offers from others.

Thanks for letting me know about the meeting. I'll
definitely try to make it. I look forward to meeting
you and other UK lispers.

Cheers,
Bill