[Uk-lispers] Support for PLT

Noel Welsh noelwelsh at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 01:25:23 PDT 2005

PLT is seeking letters of support for future research
grants (see below).  If you wish to support PLT, print out
a letter (it should be on official looking stationary) and
bring it along to Scheme UK on Wednesday.  I'll collect
them and post them.  (Of course, you could post them
yourself, but if you're like me you hate dealing with snail
mail.)

Cheers,
Noel

    Financial support for our implementation and
infrastructure work is running out over the next year. I am
hoping to raise money from the National Science Foundation
(NSF) with a proposal to the infrastructure initiative. The
purpose of this initiative is to help with the maintenance
of projects that are useful in research and advanced
development, but also teaching and education. The emphasis
is on the former two; the latter two are acknowledged, and
I don't think we need to worry about the latter.

    So, if you have used DrScheme/MzScheme/MrEd/Web Server
etc for research or advanced development and you don't want
the project to die, could you please send a short one-page,
signed letter of support to me c/o Eli Barzilay on some
formal looking letter head please? The letter should state
what you do, where you work, and that you have used PLT
Scheme for research and advanced development. If you are so
inclined, you can also add that it is critical and what you
have done with it.

    For addresses, see below. Thanks! -- Matthias

    P.S. Electronic signatures are okay, too, indeed they
are ideal.

    Matthias Felleisen
    c/o Eli Barzilay
    Trustee Professor