[Uk-lispers] Reminder: Meeting tomorrow

Noel Welsh noelwelsh at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 01:28:26 PDT 2005

1 June 2005: Nigel Walker: Computational modelling of
communication networks

Network protocols can sometimes be interpreted as solving
distributed optimisation problems. For example, a routing
algorithm minimises the total cost of flow, given a certain
demand pattern. This perspective opens up a unifying view
of many processes and interactions occuring within
communications networks. I will briefly explain the
background theory, and will show how it leads to a
programming idiom for models of network processes. I will
describe a prototype implemented as an extension of Scheme.

N.

Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
AIM: noelhwelsh