[uk-lispers] Wandering Author

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Wed Feb 6 15:28:38 PST 2008

Ingvar wrote:
> Marcin Tustin writes:
>> If flying into heathrow at that hour, another option is just to use an
>> airport hotel, and proceed from there in the morning well-rested.
>>
>> Also, nationalrail.co.uk tells me that the last train out of Kings Cross is
>> the 0007, arriving 0139. May be feasible.
>
> With a 22:30 quoted landing time, it's probably going to be abput 23:30 when
> Peter can get onto the Heathrow Express. That delivers him at Paddington at
> (optimistically) 23:45 (probably later) and that gives at most 22 minutes to
> get from Paddington to King's Cross. I would fully expect that to fail, via
> cab, via tube or via anything short of a stand-by helicopter ride.
>
> I suspect that either an airport hotel (expensive), a hotel closer in towards
> London or someone offering a spare bed or couhc is a more realistic plan.

Hi guys--I've booked a room at the Mayflower Hotel in Earl's Court. As I
understand it I'll be able to get their by Tube when I get in and then
get from there to King's Cross by Tube the next morning. Sound right?

-Peter

Peter Seibel                     : peter at gigamonkeys.com
A Billion Monkeys Can't be Wrong : http://www.gigamonkeys.com/blog/
Practical Common Lisp            : http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/