[uk-lispers] Hello Uk Lispers

Holly Styles hollystyles at fastmail.co.uk
Sun May 18 01:49:50 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm a web-developer in the UK. I have been trying to break into Lisp but
keep getting stuck, I'm hoping to get some help and guidance from the
community. So when I saw UK Lispers this seemed as good a place to start
as any.

My platform is Windows (gasp noooo.) I have managed to get Emacs, SLIME
and SBCL all talking together and I have done the REPL thing :) sweet.

But, I am struggling with the whole package management thing. My goal is
to get a webserver running. I have Apache 2.2 installed and I have
mod_lisp2 (although Apache falls over trying to load it; claiming it
can't find it; which is obviously a red herring because it's definitely
in the modules directory... hmmm one for a bit later) But I can't get
(asdf-install:instal :hunchentoot) to run. I have installed cygwin. But
I think asdf is never gonna be happy with the lack of symlinks in
windows. I have discovered something called Lispy which I have
downloaded but I don't really know what to do with it.

Are there any lisp web hackers on this list who have this all sussed out
and might be able to give me some pointers how to set this up? I have
been all over Bill Clements blog and dozens of other sights and i grok
the apache/hunchentoot/lisp overview, where I'm stuck is where all the
config needs to go (paths, settings, start-up files etc.) So I can get
it all hung together.

Anyhoo enjoying Lisp so far, thanks for listening.

-Holly
--
  Holly Styles
  http://hollystyles.blogspot.com