[uk-lispers] Hello Uk Lispers

Holly Styles hollystyles at fastmail.co.uk
Sun May 18 13:42:25 PDT 2008

On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:56:46 +0100, "Marcin Tustin" <mm3 at zepler.net>
said:
> Is this sbcl running under cygwin, or the windows sbcl available from the
> main site? I ask not because I can help you, but because it would be nice
> have access to up-to-date sbcl.

Hi,

It's the windows port from the main site. I had recently re-installed my
rig having bought it into the 21st century with a new mobo. I have
always had Cygwin before but never really had the time and knowledge to
get the most out of it. I installed EMACS SLIME and SBCL separately on a
whim, I think it may have been better to have installed Cygwin first in
hindsite, because now I have a bit of a hybrid setup and a home path
that isn't the expected one blah yadda... ho humm such is life.

Anyhoo back to SBCL there is a funky grid on the download page, showing
the different ports. There is only one version for windows: 1.0.13 I
just extracted it to the C:\ drive in a directory SBCl/1.0.13/ then
added the necessary incantations to my .emacs file which I got from some
blog somewhere.

--
  Holly Styles
  http://hollystyles.blogspot.com