[uk-lispers] Hello Uk Lispers

Nick Levine ndl at ravenbrook.com
Mon May 19 03:25:24 PDT 2008

Hi Holly and welcome to uk-lispers.

I guess the first thing to note is that tradidtionally this list is
more used for social arrangements than for technical discussion. Which
might explain the slow response. Otoh I can't think offhand for a good
place to go and ask about asdf issues, so I guess here is as good as
anywhere else.

I don't have any experience with asdf-install. I did do some work
recently on a project which used asdf. Everyone else on the project
had either a mac or linux in front of them, so symlinks just
worked. My desktop in Windows / Cygwin, so there are links of a sort
but my lisp (lispworks) can't do anything with them. I'm guesssing
from your email that SBCL is in the same position.

What I did - and alas I didn't keep this hack when I moved on from
that project - was to redefine the function in asdf which reads all
these symlinks. I'm sorry this is vague, but I'm out of the office
today, don't have a copy of asdf in front of me, am kicking myself for
throwing this fix away six months ago, don't know how much help it'll
be for asdf-install.

Sorry this isn't a brilliant answer. Anyone else care to be more
useful?

- nick