[uk-lispers] Aug 9

Phil Armitage philip.armitage at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:38:42 PDT 2008

It's the NW1 postcode, next to Great Portland Street Underground
station (at least I believe that's where previous meetings have been
held). I walked past it recently and it's still in business although
I'm not sure how busy it gets on a Saturday night. I was thinking, as
it's not a work night for many of us, that we could suggest a 6pm
start to stand a better chance of getting a table or two? Is this too
early for people?

That said, if you want to do a presentation, I don't think this would
be a great venue for it unless numbers are small and we can huddle
around your laptop. Unless anyone has access to a better venue...?

Please do shout out any ideas and I'll post something final on c.l.l,
LispForum and here in about a weeks time.

Phil

2008/7/17 Nick Allen <rflug05 at gmail.com>:
> Ping!
> So is The Green Man, Saturday August 9 still good for everyone?
> btw, google maps gives me 3 different "The Green Man"s, do you have an
> address for the one you want?
> if anyone is interested and as a projector (or is it "beamer" in your part
> of the world? ;-) I can do a small presentation on this web dev thingy I
> made over the last 2 months while here in warsaw:
>    http://groups.google.com/group/cl-terrace
> I'm not sure if I'll have time to make a cool example app (like a blog or
> reddit clone or something like that) before then, but I can at least do a
> nice introduction then show the insides of a real web app running on it and
> demonstrate what the workflow is like doing non-trivial hacking with it
> Nick
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Nick Allen <rflug05 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's fairly easy and close to mainline stations and undergrounds. I
>>> can post a Google Map link nearer the time. I'll check to make sure
>>> it's still open (it was last time I walked past). If on the evening it
>>> happened to be busy there is another bar around the corner (The Albany
>>> IIRC) which may do - I'll check how noisy it is.
>>>
>>> Where are you guys travelling from?
>>
>> We'll both be flying in from Warsaw, but I'm flying back home to the
>> states afterwards
>>

>>> I'll send out an email to this list and c.l.l maybe 2-3 weeks before
>>> hand with final details and then a reminder a couple of days before. I
>>> will also ask Zach to add it to his Lisp meetings calendar.
>>
>> Cool. Looking forward to it!
>> There will probably be a Hacker News get-together in London on Friday (the
>> night before). It will be more the "hacker/entrepreneur" crowd than the
>> "hardcore hacker" lisp types, but I'll post a link to this list in case
>> anyone is interested :-)
>>
>> take care
>> Nick

Phil Armitage