[uk-lispers] Reduced moderation effort for uk-lispers

Nick Levine ndl at ravenbrook.com
Fri Jan 13 05:43:56 PST 2012

> From: Yannis Irvine <yannis.irvine at teslaeurope.com>
> Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 04:49:15 -0600
>
> Nick, thanks for all the work you have put in - your suggestion is
> good, as I doubt we ever got any useful content from off-list
> addresses.  As for the lack of genuine traffic, is it because UK
> lispers are discussing lisp elsewhere or because they are not
> discussing lisp at all?

"All the work" sounds a bit much. If there were any signal I wouldn't
mind some noise, but with things as they are I prefer zero effort.

Lack of traffic is, I reckon, for neither of the reasons you
suggest. Rather, there is almost no "lisp in the UK" activity to
discuss.

Events elsewhere are mirrored here (e.g. ECLM announcements on the
eurolisp list appear here too). Proposals for group travel to Euro
events appear here but could at a pinch go to the
foo-meeting-attendees list (or eurolisp). I can't think when we last
had an event in the UK, a local meeting of any sort. (Actually, I
can. It was SBCL, in December 2010. Before that, a London Lisp meeting
in April 2009.)

- nick