[uk-lispers] Reduced moderation effort for uk-lispers

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Fri Jan 13 15:55:40 PST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cantab.net> wrote:

> I'm still in London, and while it is less straightforward for me to plan
> my social engagements than it was 3 years ago or so (I share the house
> with rather more small beings now than then, and have rather more
> work responsibilities at the moment too) I'd still be up for a chat at

some point.  Where's good to go out these days?

I'm still in London too, but to describe me as a Lisper would be even more
of a stretch now than it was in 2009: it's nice to use a language that
makes the hard problems tractable, but I don't really have many hard
problems and ended up choosing a more popular language which makes more of
the easy problems into a Simple Matter of Downloading Stuff.

More immediately, I'm awaiting the arrival sometime in the next three weeks
of a small being with which to share the house, so only likely to attend
social engagements if they're ones I can bail from on little or no notice
;-)

PS: or Cambridge, given even more planning...

Which would imply, Cambridge not an option for me so much just now

-dan